A Wine and Spirit Education Trust course. At ESFW we now are pleased to offer the WSET Intermediate course. This course covers all aspects of wine and spirits and serves as excellent building blocks for a grounding in the industry. The examination and course assessment at the end give you the chance to prove your competence with a qualification. It is the first step to becoming a master of wines.
The courses should teach you in stages to be able to interpret alcoholic beverage labels correctly, to describe the rudiments of tasting and to give basic advice on the choice, service and responsible consumption of alcoholic drinks. To gain the certificate at the end of each course you must successfully complete an assessment of your skills.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable both for:
People employed in the drinks and hospitality industries, with little previous knowledge of alcoholic beverages, wishing to gain a vocational training to improve their employment prospects
Wine enthusiasts who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and want to obtain an internationally recognised qualification
The courses are devised and assessed by the Wine and Spirit Education Trust, they cover a wide range of topics and gives you a good grounding in wine and spirits related knowledge. The topics covered include:
- The nature of wine (production and market statistics, viticulture, vinification)
- Storage and Service of Alcoholic Beverages
- The Techniques of How to Taste Wine
- Characteristics of wines from around the world (covering wines from the regions of France, Italy, Spain and Portugal, Germany and other European countries as well as the New World wine areas)
- Light Wines of the World
- Sparkling Wines
- Liqueur (Fortified) Wines
- The Principals of Food & Wine Matching
- Associated Beverages (Beers, Ciders, Spirits and Liqueurs)
- Health and legal issues concerning alcohol consumption.
To discuss this course, call us on 0131 333 5001 or contact us