Join us on our 5-day beginners cookery course, where we will teach you fundamental kitchen skills, knife skills and kitchen confidence. You will spend the majority of your time with us, hands-on in the kitchen. You will finish the course with an enthusiasm for food, an enhanced kitchen repertoire and the skills required to continue on your food journey.
The course runs from 10am – 4pm on consecutive days Monday – Friday.
In this course, we will cover the following skills and techniques:
- Knife Skills
- Food Hygiene and Storage
- Vegetable preparation and cookery
- Meat and fish cookery
- Bread and pastry making
- Stocks and Soups
- Sauces and Dressings
- Menu planning
- Ingredient seasonality and sourcing information
- Budgeting, reducing waste and using leftovers
- Time management
- Kitchen confidence
- Dish presentation
- All ingredients and equipment required to create the dishes
- An ESFW apron to wear each day
- Expert tuition from an award winning cookery school and tutors
- Useful hints and tips
- A printed and PDF copy of all recipes covered
- Lunch and refreshments each day
- Certificate of attendance
We can accommodate those following a vegetarian or gluten-free diet, please note any special dietary requirement at time of booking. Whist we endeavour to ensure there is no cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee any of our food to be allergen free, we run a multi-use kitchen in which all 14 allergens are used regularly. If you have a severe food allergy, you would unfortunately be unable to attend our courses.
If the course is full, please email us on email@example.com and we can add you to a waiting list.