12-week Diploma in Professional Cookery
12-week Diploma in Professional Patisserie
1-week Introduction to Plant-Based Food and Nutrition
1-week How to Start a Food Business
- Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm (35 hours)
- All ingredients & equipment provided
- Professional Tuition
- 26 Weeks
Whether you are a school-leaver, university-leaver, career changer or profession chef, this advanced Diploma will give you a complete and comprehensive understanding of classic and modern cookery techniques including bread, pastry, meat, fish and vegetable preparation and cooking.
Your time spent at ESFW will see you take in 910 hours of full-time study, the vast majority of which is fully hands-on. All courses will include our Chef’s Essential Kit, all ingredients and tuition.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Food professionals
- Professional chefs
- Aspiring chefs
- Private chefs
- Career changers
Skills you will learn on our Complete Diploma in Modern Gastronomy;
- A comprehensive understanding of all aspects of professional cookery (including meat, fish, vegetables, soups, stocks, sauces, garnishes, modern technique and much more)
- A comprehensive understanding of Professional Patisserie (including basic and enriched doughs, basic and advanced breads, chocolate and sugar work, set and frozen desserts, sauces, sponges, layered gateaux, classic desserts and much more)
- Plant-Based Food & Nutrition (including modern plating techniques, food styling, alternative proteins, cooking with nuts and seeds, nutritional workshops, healthful snacking and much more)
- Setting up a Food Business
- Work placements Opportunities
Why choose us?
Expert tuition by experienced chefs
Established and oldest cookery school in Scotland
Maximum of 16 students in the class
Excellent career prospects
The Edinburgh School of Food & Wine is an accredited ICSA School of Excellence.
Join us for a trial day and experience a day in the life of an ESFW student! You will be shown around the facilities, meet the team and create a couple of dishes in the kitchen so you can become familiar with our teaching style. Our trial days must be booked in advance and are charged
are charged at £100 and let you come to the school and learn for a day as though you were a professional student, if you then
We will sit down with you and discuss which course is of interest, what your future aspirations are and allow time for you to ask any questions which may help you in your decision making
The trial day fee is deducted from the course total if you then go ahead and book onto a Professional Course of 6-weeks or more.