Whether you are a school-leaver, university-leaver, career changer or professional chef, this Diploma will give you a complete and comprehensive understanding of classic and modern cookery techniques including bread, pastry, meat, fish and vegetable preparation and cooking.
Advanced Diploma in Modern Gastronomy
21st August 2023 – 1st March 2024 (this includes a 2-week break over Christmas and New Year)
19th August 2024 – 28th February 2025 (this includes a 2-week break over Christmas and New Year)
- Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm (35 hours)
- All ingredients & equipment provided
- Professional Tuition
- Certified Qualification
- 26 Weeks Tuition
12-weeks Diploma in Professional Cookery
12-weeks Diploma in Professional Patisserie
1-week Plant-Based Food & Nutrition
1-week Business Support – How to Start a Food Business
Your time spent at ESFW will see you take in over 900 hours of full-time study, the vast majority of which is fully hands-on. All courses will include our Chef’s Essential Kit, all ingredients and equipment required to create your dishes and professional tuition.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Food professionals
- Professional chefs
- Aspiring chefs
- Private chefs
- Career changers
Skills you will learn on our Complete Diploma in Modern Gastronomy;
- A comprehensive understanding of all aspects of professional cookery (including meat, fish, vegetables, soups, stocks, sauces, garnishes, modern technique and much more)
- A comprehensive understanding of Professional Patisserie (including basic and enriched doughs, basic and advanced breads, chocolate and sugar work, set and frozen desserts, sauces, sponges, layered gateaux, classic desserts and much more)
- A good foundation in plant-based cookery (including modern plating techniques, food styling, alternative proteins, cooking with nuts and seeds, nutritional information, healthy snacking)
- Setting up a Food Business
- Work placements Opportunities
Why choose us?
Expert tuition by award winning, experienced tutors/chefs
Established in 1986, we have been providing professional training to students from over the world for many years
Small class sizes (max. 12)
Excellent career prospects
Edinburgh School of Food & Wine is fully accredited by ICSA and is continuously assessed and reviewed to ensure that we are reaching the standards that they set.